From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On
Behalf Of Diana Maynard
Sent: 02 February 2005 17:12
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #939

Insulin Pumpers is made possible by the tax deductible contributions.
During the Winter PLEDGE drive, won't you help out and do your part
by making a contribution. Your donation of $10, $25, or more... just
$1 or $2 per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to
serve you and the rest of the diabetes community. Please visit:

Hi Marion
I'm not a designer babe as such, but in addition to all the sport, I do
competitive ballroom and Latin dancing, and go clubbing (occasionally in

little tops and short skirts) etc etc. For the dancing I have to wear
very
skimpy dresses etc too.
I wrote an article on the IP-UK website about that - it's at
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org.uk/wheretoputpump/

There are some other methods not mentioned in that article. One is to
clip the
pump vertically (without the case) to the centre of the bra. I do this
sometimes for dance competitions when I need it to be a bit more secure
- it
doesn't show unless someone looks down my top (and I don't really care,
to be
honest!). For clubbing and dancing, I quite like the vest tops that have
"hidden bra" (ie an extra panel). Now, I find the hidden bra thing
useless as
a bra (I think they only really work if you're quite small chested or
don't
jump around much, neither of which applies to me!). But, if you wear a
proper
bra underneath, you can clip it to the bra, and then hide the bra with
the
hidden bra thing. Sounds complicated, but it makes sense when you try
it.

If a bra isn't an option, then clipping it to the waistband of a skirt
or
trousers (just pretend to be a doctor with a pager / attached to your
mobile
phone / Davina McCall etc etc), or clipping it on the inside so that
only the
clip shows, or wearing it under a tubigrip on the top of the thigh (some

people do this successfully, I can't seem to). Or sewing an inside
pocket on
the skirt / trousers. Or tucking it into the top of a tight pair of
tights
(see the article for that explanation).

Lots of possibilities. None of them are perfect, but you'll find one
that
works for you....
Di