Re: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #939

Hi Marion
I'm not a designer babe as such, but in addition to all the sport, I do
competitive ballroom and Latin dancing, and go clubbing (occasionally in
little tops and short skirts) etc etc. For the dancing I have to wear very
skimpy dresses etc too.
I wrote an article on the IP-UK website about that - it's at
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org.uk/wheretoputpump/

There are some other methods not mentioned in that article. One is to clip the
pump vertically (without the case) to the centre of the bra. I do this
sometimes for dance competitions when I need it to be a bit more secure - it
doesn't show unless someone looks down my top (and I don't really care, to be
honest!). For clubbing and dancing, I quite like the vest tops that have a
"hidden bra" (ie an extra panel). Now, I find the hidden bra thing useless as
a bra (I think they only really work if you're quite small chested or don't
jump around much, neither of which applies to me!). But, if you wear a proper
bra underneath, you can clip it to the bra, and then hide the bra with the
hidden bra thing. Sounds complicated, but it makes sense when you try it.

If a bra isn't an option, then clipping it to the waistband of a skirt or
trousers (just pretend to be a doctor with a pager / attached to your mobile
phone / Davina McCall etc etc), or clipping it on the inside so that only the
clip shows, or wearing it under a tubigrip on the top of the thigh (some
people do this successfully, I can't seem to). Or sewing an inside pocket on
the skirt / trousers. Or tucking it into the top of a tight pair of tights
(see the article for that explanation).

Lots of possibilities. None of them are perfect, but you'll find one that
works for you....
Di