[IPk] Bad week

Hi all

I had a bad week last week.  I spent 3 days, yes 3 DAYS! chasing around
trying to get treatment for a site infection in my DiaPort.  My GP was
great, but the lab at the hospital and the infamous Doctor's Receptionist
both did their best to obstruct me.  Anyway, by Wednesday the swab result
came back all clear (I took it to the lab first thing on Monday).  My GP
phoned me after hours, and suggested I show him.  I went straight down to
the surgery, and he wrote me up for some antibiotics.  The skin around the
DiaPort was red, pus-y and itchy, and my BGs had gone up.

To add to all this fun, I had steroids injected into both wrists on
Thursday, for carpal tunnel syndrome.  I'm now being referred to the
surgeons.  Unlike last time, my hands were very painful for about 2 days
after the jabs.  And unlike last time, my BGs soared.

So I have been on 200% basal since last Thursday and still needing
correction boluses.  The pump won't go over 200% so I should re-set my spare
basal profile but I'm hoping things will settle down shortly.  On such high
amounts of insulin, I'm testing 2 or 3 times overnight just in case my BGs
come crashing down.

Moan over!

Best wishes to all

Lesley
IDDM 36 years, DTron 2 years+, DiaPort 1 month