Re: [IPk] (1) sites - how long; (2) hot countries

> Does anyone else notice sites becoming less predictable in absorbtion of
> insulin after 2 days? We are so firmly convinced of this that we now
> never let a site go more than about 48 hours.

The general conensus is that the phenomena you describe is cause by a
reaction to the insulin-analog you are using. Most people report that
this disappears when they switch to the other brand which has a
different molecular structure. If you look at the ABOUT page of the web
site you will see that the baseline numbers from Nov 2001, when only
one insulin-analog was available, show that approximately 6% of insulin-
analog users suffer from this condition. The archives are full of
reports of this and the subsequent resolution.

Michael