Re: [IPk] Length for infusion site

>i use the steel needles, i was given the choice of both and on my 2
>days of training for the pump i put the tube one in on the first day
>and within a few hours i was feeling discomfort, so the next day i
>tried the needle and it was much better.

Fran -

There is no one infusion set that is best. We all have different
bodies, different skin, different ways of living with the pump etc.
But do take time to find which infusion set really suits you best. I
reckon you need to try a type of set for at least a month till you
can definitely say if it suits you or not - and you need to try
several different types of set so you've got something to compare it
with :-)

Luckily the D-TRON has a standard connector, so will take nearly all
the infusion sets. Sadly the MiniMed Paradigm has its own special
connector - connecting tubing to pump - so you are stuck with MiniMed
infusion sets. (I'm sure that's good for MiniMed profits - and who am
I to criticise business for wanting to make a profit? Their profit
will one day pay my pension...)

I tried the Rapids, but I found it felt like I had a drawing pin
constantly stuck in me. Good for some. Not for me. I used the SofSets
for a year, but they tend to slip, and block, so I gave up on those,
and moved to Tenders. Just occasionally they've fallen out, but
that's part of the fun of pumping.

All the best -

John
--