[IPk] RE: Nice

Sorry, but I couldn't help but put an imput into this:

Pat, I too am a proponent of the "try MDI for a couple of years; if it
doesn't work you might need a pump" concept.  In my opinion pumping is not a
"Gold Standard", it is an option for those for whom other therapies don't

I've used MDI prior to going on the pump and i guess it was better than other
regimes.  However regarding pumpiong being the "Gold Standard"  I have to put
forward that, to me, it is just that.  I have had diabetes for 29 years and
been pumping for 1 year.  It took my going on the pump to realise that there
had indeed been something very wrong with me for all of the preceeding years.
If I were to go back on to mdi I think I would just throw the towel in.  The
pump has made that much difference to my life.  It's an awful shame a vast
number of the so called health Care professionals refuse to see the
merits....... and I dare say there are several on here that would agree with

Sorry to waffle, but I felt I had to respond..