From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On
Behalf Of email @ redacted
Sent: 22 February 2003 18:00
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPk] Novorapid v Humalog, advice needed.

I am (yet again) having problems with control and am having a lot of
(But no pattern, rhyme or reason!) On the past regimen I was using,
and Humilin I, if I was high then I could give myself a quick shot of
and my BG would drop back to normal in 30 - 45 minutes at the most. But
Novorapid, the drop can take a long time, upwards of two hours and,
even though I gave myself a shot at 1.30pm, my BG is still only dropping
so slowly 4 hours later. If I give myself more than the units to high BG
normally use (say, in my case, if the BG is 13 I use 2 units, 15 or
higher, 4
units, etc.), then it still takes the same length of time to drop but I
end up with a hypo about 5 hours later! This is the same no matter where

abouts I inject.
I am using Glargine together with the Novorapid, as I was directed by
consultant. I don't see him again until May, when I will try and push
for a
pump again. What I would like to know is can Humalog be used with
Glargine or
is it just Novorapid that is compatible? I will see the DSN next week
would like to know what can and can't be used before then, if possible.
not happy with the time it takes for the Novorapid to work as, like
I've spent the whole afternoon feeling very grotty due to waiting for
insulin to take effect. I find it a problem even when I'm not high, too,
it takes forever after a meal to kick in. I'm back to having to take my
half to three quarters of an hour before my meal, which is not
convenient as
with kids and my gastric problems, and the lifestyle I have, I don't
get to eat as and when I plan.
Any advice as to whether these can be used together would be helpful.
Thanks a lot.
PS..Abi, I mentioned CFS and now the doc is back to testing for Lupus or

similar as this has been suggested in the past. I guess this would have
effect on BG control, too.