[IPk] Novorapid v Humalog, advice needed.

I am (yet again) having problems with control and am having a lot of highs.
(But no pattern, rhyme or reason!) On the past regimen I was using, Humalog
and Humilin I, if I was high then I could give myself a quick shot of Humalog
and my BG would drop back to normal in 30 - 45 minutes at the most. But with
Novorapid, the drop can take a long time, upwards of two hours and, today,
even though I gave myself a shot at 1.30pm, my BG is still only dropping ever
so slowly 4 hours later. If I give myself more than the units to high BG I
normally use (say, in my case, if the BG is 13 I use 2 units, 15 or higher, 4
units, etc.), then it still takes the same length of time to drop but I then
end up with a hypo about 5 hours later! This is the same no matter where
abouts I inject.
I am using Glargine together with the Novorapid, as I was directed by the
consultant. I don't see him again until May, when I will try and push for a
pump again. What I would like to know is can Humalog be used with Glargine or
is it just Novorapid that is compatible? I will see the DSN next week and
would like to know what can and can't be used before then, if possible. I'm
not happy with the time it takes for the Novorapid to work as, like today,
I've spent the whole afternoon feeling very grotty due to waiting for the
insulin to take effect. I find it a problem even when I'm not high, too, as
it takes forever after a meal to kick in. I'm back to having to take my shot
half to three quarters of an hour before my meal, which is not convenient as
with kids and my gastric problems, and the lifestyle I have, I don't always
get to eat as and when I plan.
Any advice as to whether these can be used together would be helpful.
Thanks a lot.
PS..Abi, I mentioned CFS and now the doc is back to testing for Lupus or
similar as this has been suggested in the past. I guess this would have an
effect on BG control, too.