[IPk] Re: NICE and Scotland

Karla wrote 'Does anyone know if those in Scotland will get the pump
on prescription if those in England and Wales get it. (Scotland has a
prescription system). If Scotland doesn't what happens then'

Hi Karla

I've been having an ongoing discussion with the Lothian NHS Board in
Scotland to try and get funding for my pump. After sending them a very
detailed letter plus a supporting letter from my consultant I received a
letter to say that the Health Technology Board for Scotland will issue a
comment on pump therapy after NICE reports its findings. Lothian will
then consider the implications for Lothian with regards to how pumps
should be funded. I guess that every health board in Scotland may have
different criteria though.
I am keeping my fingers firmly crossed that there is good news soon.