Re: [IPk] Re: development of retinopathy

Hi Pat
The anaesthesia you're talking about IS the "stick a big needle in your
eyeball and freeze everything so you can't feel most of your face", right?
It depends on how much anaesthetic they put in as to how much it hurts. If
they only need to do a little (which I suspect was your case) then it doesn't
hurt too much.

I wasn't offered painkiller in addition to or instead of the local
anaesthetic. They should definitely give you the choice of local anaesthetic
or not. Most people are reluctant to give it to you if they can avoid it,
because it takes longer to do and there's more risk afterwards.

Note that the anaesthetic DROPS they put in your eye are totally different -
they always give you those (in case anyone's confused!).