Re: [IPk] Re: development of retinopathy

Hi Di

This makes sense now: three different variables:
sitting up or lying down (surgeon's choice)
anaesthetic and eyball pushing, or no anaesthetic and looking for
oneself (choice for patients, but never offered as a choice for me -
either I got it, or I didn't)
retina or blood vessels.

The last, being more painful, tends to suggest anaesthesia.

I had a very long session when I had anaesthesia (half an hour on each
eye), so perhaps that is also a factor?

Interesting that you were offered the choice of painkiller or not, and
I've never been offered a choice!  I found the painkiller _disturbing_
but not painful.  Certainly nothing like a dental injection!

Best wishes

Pat
(no brains, no sense, dm 30+, 508 1+)
In message <003401c2d223$d03640e0$email @ redacted>, Diana Maynard