Re: [IPk] Re: development of retinopathy

In message <email @ redacted>, Susan
Morrow <email @ redacted> writes
>don't like the sound of laser treatment that someone else has just
>described (thanks for making me feel even more worried!!).

Laser treatment isn't all that painful!  It is like having a flash gun
go off in front of your face - and again - and again - and again.  A wee
bit uncomfortable, sometimes, while it actually flashes - but wearying
and headache-making.  Certainly, compared to earache (which I have
_again_, it's nothing!)

The painkiller and paralizer injections are used for an advanced kind of
laser work, where, rather than sitting up and being told to 'look to
your left', etc., you are lying down, and the surgeon is working with a
headset, pushing your eyeball with his fingers until it's exactly where
he wants it.

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+, wondering if there is a particularly virulent ear bug
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)