[IPk] Re: development of retinopathy

Hi Pat

I've been on the pump for almost 3 years now. The background retinopathy
started during my first pregnancy in 1997 but has never got any worse
since then. My control has been tight for 2 years now and hasn't changed
significantly recently so I don't think that would be a reason for any
worsening, I'm hoping that my optician is being a bit too careful as I
don't like the sound of laser treatment that someone else has just
described (thanks for making me feel even more worried!!).
Thanks for the tip of getting back to the clinic and speaking to one of
the medics, I'll do that tomorrow.
Best wishes

(IDDM 18+, DTRON 2+ years)