RE: [IPk] Development of Retinopathy

I had an eye clinic appointment on Friday.  Urgent laser treatment needed.
Pants!  And I'm not allowed to aim for lower BGs than 8, yet.

While I'm on the subject, when I had laser treatment before, (5 years ago), on
the last 2 occasions I decided that next time, I'd have the injection for pain
relief, but chickened out.  Has anyone had it?  I  know that laser burns on
top of old laser burns tend to be more painful, but I'm terrified of the idea
of an injection into my eyeball...  Can anyone reassure me?