[IPk] Re:

> My basals have increasedduring the protein only diet so I did not alter
> them
This does not particularly surpirse me as protein does cause some conversion
to glucose and many of us need to square wave or increase basals overnight
to deal with it

Today i have started having 800 cals a day in the form of skimmed milk
> to see if I do lose weight but my basals are around 5  and boluses 1unit:5
> grammes of cho. >
> Do make sure you get adequate nutrients from other sources such as green
veg. i assume other probs such as underactive thyroid have been excluded
the increased weight with glitazones is interesting....I always assumed
increased insulin sensitivity was synonymous with weight loss. How did you
get on with metfromin?