No Subject

Hi all. It is intereting to read your thoughts about diet and insulin
resistance and the possible causes. Having rigidly stuck to the Atkins diet
for 4 weeks and GAINED 4lbs I do think there must be other substances
lurking within some peoples systems to cause such havoc with diet and
insulin.For the first time in weeks because I knew the diet was not working
I decided to reintroduce some cho in the form of potatoe to the value of 20
grammes CHO BG shot to 22.9 despitebolus of 5 units of insulin for a bolus .
My basals have increasedduring the protein only diet so I did not alter
them.Today i have started having 800 cals a day in the form of skimmed milk
to see if I do lose weight but my basals are around 5  and boluses 1unit:5
grammes of cho. Went for a brisk walk this pm bg before 14.1 and after 14.7.
I know it will pass and like Caroline I worry about having a crashing hypo
but I would like to know the trigger factor  Best WishesCarmel

Chat online in real time with MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.co.uk