Re: [IPk] Deja vu (was: No Delivery Alarms)

Caroline, I don't have an answer for you but as you can see from the replies
the same does happen to others. I used to feel like you about it that maybe
it was me failing my pump. Like Kate I have been prescribed metformin but I
did not notice a difference so I often forget to take it.When it happens
dont panic (increases bgs) I test hrly and take small boluses by syringe
increasing my basal rate sometime to 8-10 units per hr if it is particularly
difficult to bring down. There does mot seem to be a particular ratio of
insulin to blood sugar but you may be able to correlate one for yourself.
Once bg starts to reduce avoid hypos at all costs I find once bg starts to
come down I ease off on the insulin sometimes it comes down remarkably
quickly so be careful and keep testing because you may still feel high and
you bg may be acceptable.Now I am eating low carb it still happens but not
as high 14-16 mmols it sometimes goes up to I still employ the same tactics
but obviously with lower doses
Ignore my doses they are only figures that work for me I am just trying to
give you an example and dont fight it go with it- you'll be fine
Best wishes Carmel

MSN Messenger - fast, easy and FREE! http://messenger.msn.co.uk