Re: [IPk] Bubbles

Y'all are getting bubble problems at 80 or 90 units because you're not
flicking the reservoir syringe with enough vigour to blast the itsy-bitsy
bubbles back into the insulin vial before you connect the reservoir to the
tubing. After c. 850 reservoir fills/refills, I have gotten so I don't get
bubble trouble in the reservoir until I have about 10 units left. Also, if
your vial has been shaken so it's bubbly, you will have to work hard to
avoid bubbles in the reservoir. Insulin that's been still for a while is a
lot easier to work with.

When you think there are no bubbles left in the reservoir, push the plunger
just a little tiny bit and see how many tiny bubbles shoot back into the
vial. The more tiny bubbles you eliminate before you connect the tubing, the
fewer sizeable ones will have developed a few days on. Perhaps learning to
taste Champagne properly has taught me to squint and look *real hard* for
tiny bubbles when I fill/refill a reservoir?

Good luck, and don't be afraid to give your middle finger a workout flicking
that reservoir!

IDDM 9+ years; MiniMed pumper 6+ years