Re: [IPk] question - off topic! - Melissa

Hi Melissa,

>Having high glucose in your urine--say, 14--at the minute that you have
>glucose in your blood--say, 3.4--tells you that your bg was high some hours
>ago and has since dropped low. That sort of info is good to have if you're
>on an intermediate or long-acting insulin and you're not sure what might
>have happened while you were asleep, for example. It could even be
>interesting if you're on a pump,

Thanks for pointing this out. I use ketostix to test my urine in the morning
sometimes to see if I had an extended low BG overnight (low BGs will also
produce ketones, and you can produce ketones if you're fasting or eating a
low carb diet and still have normal BGs.). I had never thought of using
diastix to give a more accurate picture of what was going on. But then, I
often miss the obvious!