Re: [IPk] Any Suggestions?

In message <000401c1bfb6$c0bf4c40$email @ redacted>, John Davis
<email @ redacted> writes
>Why did you take 20g CHO at (02-03) and bolus 2 units? You could see that
>your BG was going up.

This seems to me to be a most odd question!  I often eat stuff when my
bg is at the higher end of normal, or even, if I have to, when it is
high, although I tend to avoid that, as I have increased needs, and
figuring out how much and when is much more of an art than a science.

I don't know whether it's rising or falling, just how high it is right
now.  I only know the rising/falling thing if I know why my bg is what
it is - and mostly I only guess that I've got it right!  And if I've got
it right, it's neither rising nor falling, but sitting dead steady.  So
if it's higher or lower than I'd predict it would be, then something's
wrong, but I've normally no clue what I got wrong - had more stress?
slightly thinner slice of bread? And since I don't know why its wrong, I
don't know whether that error is going to grow (i.e. it's rising or
falling), or remain constant.  All I can do is take a corrective bolus
or eat glucose tablets, and wait for the next test.

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 9months+)

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)