Re: [IPk] MiniMed 508 SofSet Change

In message <000a01c1bef0$e11a24e0$email @ redacted>, Frank   Blom
<email @ redacted> writes
>Hi Gwin,
>I was taught to prime before I insert the Softset. I prime 4.5
Dear Frank,

I think most of us were taught to do double primes: that is, to prime
with 5 units (or so) with the set outside the body, and then to prime a
little more once it had been inserted.  I was taught 5 before, and 0.5
after a silhouette and 0.3 after a softset (because the needle is

But thinking about it now, there doesn't seem to be a point ...

Yet 0.3 would reduce my blood glucose by 20 (plasma mg/dl), 1 (whole
m/mol) - and I haven't noticed that.

Best wishes,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)