RE: [IPk] Balance reply to John cont oops

I think that a lot have had a good experience, yes. A lot of the issues are
probably quite like the sclerosis that will overtake Insulin Pumpers when
John Neale has become a crotchety, intolerant old 89-year old (as opposed to
a crotchety, intolerant young 36 year old :-). <ducks> Support group
networks need a service and refocus every couple of decades or so.

A network like that will not persist if is a total disaster - after all,
they are not really heavily resourced.

I expect the key is the quality of the senior (i.e., regional) and local

My immediate thought is that if lots of people are being turned off by the
"Big BE" (Bad Experience), then that is an excellent rationale for getting
involved - if you are so minded and sufficiently committed to this
particular aspect. But we all have to decide our focus then go for that, in
such a way that we stay sane ourselves.

I have things that I have pulled out of in the past because I was not
willing to devote my life to (in my view) sorting them out.

If you want a clear run to set up your ideal local group, then move to any
major metropolitan area and you will have a clear canvas.

We'll see!