Re: [IPk] Balance

Yes they did do your article and it was from this that I got onto IP-UK but
when I asked them for more info and what they would be doing (at the time)
,they were really unhelpful. In contrast when I first was given my graseby
pump in 1988 the BDA as it was known then couldn't do enough to help sending
me loads of articles about the success of pumping etc.If Diabetes UK is
making positive representations to NICE then this is the first I have heard
of it. They seem happy to publish details of stem cell research which
whatever way is not going to be oferred to every type 1 diabetic but not
publish or advertise the advantages of insulin pumps. Your article was two
years ago John and pumps have moved on since then ie when I first enquired
the Minimed 507 was being sold along with the 508, the new Disitrinic pumps
were not on the market.