Re: [IPk] Balance

I hesitate to jump to Balance's defense, but they did do an article about 2
pumpers - me and Eleanor Biddle - about 2 years ago. Yes - the content was
bland, but the magazine is aimed I think at your Daily Mail reader. Since
then Diabetes UK has moved in favour of pumps, and are making positive
representations to NICE.

I agree they are not as pushy and "can-do" as the Juvenile Diabetes
Foundation, nor are they as contraversial as the Insulin Dependent Diabetes
Trust. But we keep our fingers crossed.

Anyone here fancy standing for election to Diabetes UK's board? Since
Jeremy Grainger died last year I'm not aware of any pumpers on the board.
Apparently if your name is near the start of the alphabet, and so appears
higher up the voting slip, you have a much better chance of being elected...

mailto:email @ redacted