Re: [IPk] to Jackie

> Jackie
>
> I was apprehensive about Steven going on a pump - I questioned my
> motives for doing it lots of times - am I doing this for Steven?  Am
> I doing this for the rest of the family?  Is it really better for
> him? Will he cope at School?
>
> I moved away from the local hospital and the consultant there wrote
> a really nasty letter about me and Steven, showing his total horror
> that Steven was going to trial a pump.  At this point I questioned
> my motives again - was this consultant right?

the consultant is full of it. Read the stories on the Kids Page of
the web site if you have any doubt about how both kids and parents
feel about pump therapy. These success stories speak for themselves.
I especially like the one about the kid who on his first day pumping
gets a stomach ache from eating FrootLoops and can do nothing but
smile. He was 14 and NEVER had a bowl of FrootLoops.

http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/pkids.shtml

Michael