[IPk] nasty letter

I wander what prompted the consultant to write a " nasty letter"  Presumably
he refused to  let  your son try a pump so you requested a second opinion.
Perhaps he couldn't cope with this dent to his ego!. I believe that you
wrote quite recently of problems with nocturnal lows resulting in fits, so
what was his advice regarding this? Possibly that you have to expect to
endure these with DM or perhaps he accused you of being obsessive with
glycaemic control and advised taking steps to eliminate the above which
would have the effect of overall increasing blood glucose and thereby
jeopardising future health

It's interesting to figure out how the brain of your average consultant
works. Good thing that not all of them are like that !N