Re: [IPk] Glucowatch

>I will have to think about whether to go ahead and purchase one or not I
>know a lot of people have felt that it is not as good as the initial
>adverts/spiel but I have followed other people who have used it for their
>children in the US so I knew all about the long warm up time and all of the
>other drawbacks, so none of it is a surprise to me.

Hi Jackie -

Looks like you have all the facts available to make an informed decision :-)

Out of interest, is the GlucoWatch available for purchase for a child in
the UK, or will you have to fiddle something there? (Don't answer if you
don't want to!)

Given that it seems to make bad rashes and inaccurate results for so many
people, but not for others, you'll clearly need that one-month free trial
in order to assess it on Sasha. The hypo alarm is *may* provide some
reassurance to you, but the repeated false alarms may make nervous wrecks
of you all. I don't know. And if you find that she does indeed sometimes go
hypo at 3am, sometimes at 5am, and sometimes not at all, what are you going
to do about it? I know this worries a lot of doctors - hearing that there
is a problem without having the solution available within their budget.
Stupid isn't it.

I used to have lots of fits in the night with night time hypos. Worried me
silly. And my wife. They seemed totally unpredictable and wrecked me for
the following day. Since going on the pump over 4 years ago, I've only had
one bad hypo like this - and that was in the first year.

mailto:email @ redacted