Re: [IPk] Glucowatch

I have awaited a continuous blood glucose monitoring device for years
especially for the last 18 months since I have been using an insulin pump.
However, from what I read in the US, the Glucose Watch, isnbt it. Firstly,
the watch is entirely to expensive and secondly the consumables are
disgustingly expensive with a life sentence to their continued use. I have
seen no pricing information on the device or the consumables in the US, and
am making my judgment based entirely on the price schedules I have seen from
the UK. Third, the readings must be closely compared to the results derived
from your favorite meter for a significant period so that an intelligent
correlation of the results could be made before one could use the Watch
results to manage onebs disabetes. Then after itbs continued use it is
suggested that one continue testing one or more times daily with a
conventional meter.
Looks as though the Watch simply offers another item for the already full bag
of the diabetic and further compounds a bad situation and would be as
beneficial as the proverbial millstone around the neck.