[IPk] Glucowatch

I have just received the information regarding the purchase of the
Glucowatch.  It is going to be more expensive that was originally
advertised.  It is going to cost #350 for the watch and #50 for 1 box of 16
sensors that can only be used once.  Sasha had a seizure last night just
before my alarm clock went off at 2.30 am.  So I am still thinking it have
may helped prevent this but with its drawbacks and the fact that is it so
expensive for the sensors (not available on prescription) I just dont know
whether to fork out for this or not.  There is supposed to be a newer
version coming out later (dont know how long) that is smaller and needs less
than the 3 hour warm up time.  I have three other children and with the
gluten free food already upping our monthly costs I dont know whether to go
for it or not.  Is there anyone on the list who had one and if so, how often
did they or do they use it. There is no money back offer now and if Sasha is
sensitive to  the sensors it will be money down the drain.

Jackie Jacombs

Mum of Sasha aged 7=  dx D 1999 coelica dx 2001