Re: calendula was RE: [IPk] aromatherapy

Dear Elizabeth,

After finding arnica cream great on bruised knees (my car ended up in
the same space as another car in November - bg was 6.8 at the time, so
that wasn't the problem), I'm tempted to try hypercal. But my problem
isn't with puncture wounds, but with allergic reaction to the glues,
plastics and antibacterial agents.

Do you have any words of wisdom on good stuff for allergies?  I usually
get the gunk off with a vanilla lotion, but when it's very irritated,
don't try and remove gunk.

Best wishes

(dm 30+, 508 9 months+, likes smelling like custard - hey, I even use
the vanilla cologne!)

In message <email @ redacted>, Elizabeth OShea
<email @ redacted> writes
>Hi all -
>May I suggest you use Hypercal after removing sets, rather than just
>calendula? Hypercal is a preparation of hypericum and calendula in a cream.
>Hypericum is particularly indicated for puncture wounds (especially rusty
>ones). The calendula in the cream helps the wound heal quickly. You can get
>it in Boots or Nelson's.
>You can also get calendula in tincture, which you'd dilute and then wash the
>infusion site with. However, the ointments are probably available more
>>I use one called calendula in the UK.  Almost certainly the
>>same thing, available in health Food Shops.

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)