Re: [IPk] Good News Or Not?

Hi Dave

Sorry to hear that couldn't carry on with the case.  I suppose they do use
prednisolone still for some conditions but now with more care than they did
back then.   Not much consolation to you though.  Beckie, my non D twin
daughter has taken several courses of this steroids when she had really bad
asthma attacks.  Fortunately her asthma is better than it was a few years
back but she still take Flixotide which is an inhaled steroid.  She is
supposed to take this twice  a day plus ventolin.  I do tend to try and
minimise the doses and only give them to her when I know she has a cold
starting.  The hospital tell me off for not giving her the inhaled steroids
all the time but because of Sasha's diabetes I do not like to  give it all
the time when she only gets attacks with colds. I know that inhale steroids
are supposed to be much safer than large doses of oral steroids. One Dr told
me this was ok to drop the doses and another that I am causing more damage
by not giving it all the time.  So I don't know what to think.  I have
dropped all Sasha asthma medication as for some reason although Sasha was
the smallest weaker twin when born her asthma has never been as bad as
Beckies.  She has not had anything for asthma for nearly a year.  But I
still have medication just in case.

I also take prednisolone for rheumatoid arthritis but it's a very small
dose.  I am trying to come off it now as I had a flare up of symptoms over
Christmas which is now responding to some other tablets.  I have got down to
one 5mg a day which is a tiny dose, so I'm told.

It is a big worry taking all these things and I am particularly cautious
because of Sasha having D and her sister being at risk.

Jackie