Re: [IPk] Alcohol response and Breakfast question

In message <email @ redacted>,
Audrey Sheal, SE Grampian <email @ redacted> writes
>I have a query re: breakfast.  When I eat Sultana Bran/Fruit and Fibre/Grape
>Nuts etc (I know dried fruit is high glycemic) my BG shoots right up.  Has
>anyone found a cereal that does not taste like cardboard and does not make
>their BG shoot up?  I am off porridge at the moment (I think I have sickened
>myself of it!).

I struggled for years with breakfast cereal, and was beaten up by
dieticians over it.  I finally settled on Jordan's crunch (the
strawberry one) and crunchy nut cornflakes, but after a few days of
either, decided I didn't like it, moved to the other and then gave up
and went back to a pint and a half of coffee for breakfast.

Then I discovered the solution!  Don't eat cereal for breakfast!!!!
There is nothing to say that you have to eat cereal.  How about an
omelette?  A ham sandwich?  Greek yoghourt and semi-rehydrated apricots?
Stir-fried mange-tout, shredded carrot and noodles in a Malay sauce?
Lentil soup?

Sure, you don't often have time to cook burritos for breakfast, but
there are many other things which are as quick to prepare as porridge.

Best wishes to all,

dm 30+, 508 9 months+, best ever breakfast: burritos at a little
restaurant in Nevada, where we were the only people speaking English,
everyday breakfasts: peanut butter on toast, tinned tomatoes on toast,
baked beans on toast, or bacon butties)
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)