[IPn] Can you help?

To all  Insulin Pumpers list members. This is the first day of our
quarterly pledge drive for Winter 2002. We must raise $2000 from
on-line sources for each of the months of January, February, and
March. Just like the public radio pledge drives, I dislike fund
raising, it is intrusive and annoying. Unfortunately, it is necessary
and must be done

Who should donate??
If you are financially able, subscribe to the mail list, and feel it
contributes to your well being, the management of your diabetes or
helps you solve problems that come up, then you should contribute to
the support of the forum. There are just a few shy of 3800 members
now -- that's 800 more than this time last year! -- and a small
annual contribution from each would easily provide our funding needs.
Unfortunately, not everyone contributes so the few who do support the
many who do not.

Why should you contribute??
Insulin Pumpers is a non-profit organization that "gives away" its
services. The services still must be paid for. Simple things like
rent, utilities and so on.... Families with diabetes are at times
isolated from the rest of society either by happenstance or simply
because they are different. This can make a person feel lonely and
depressed. Forums like Insulin Pumpers provide a 'home' and sense of
community where everyone shares similar concerns and can find a friend
or a helping hand any time 24 hours a day. This is a valuable resource
that deserves your support so that all may benefit.

Who supports the forum now??
The majority of funding come from the forum members. Aside from the
pump companies, which have contributed generously, only the
forum members help support Insulin Pumpers. I've tried raising money
from many other sources with poor results. Our pledge drives have
proven to be the most successful and reliable way to raise the needed
funds. It's up to us collectively to support our forum. Less than
$10.00 from each member every year would do the job. Since everyone
cannot contribute, please give what you can.

How to contribute.
You can make a one time donation to help with this funding drive. You
can give a continuing donation for a year by making a monthly pledge
of $10 or $20 per month. This type of gift is very helpful because it
provides a predictable steady income that we can count on. Or...., you
can go big time and place a challenge of $100 or more to the list
membership which they must match with their individual donations. This
is one of our most valuable sources of income. Challenging the
membership to match your contribution has always brought a double or
triple whammy for the Insulin Pumpers forum.

We are fortunate to be able to start this pledge drive with a BANG!
because of a very generous $250 challenge from long time member and
supporter in Philadelphia. So.... your donation of $10, $20 or more
will automatically be doubled by Philadelphia up to a total of $250.

Where to Contribute.
For single and recurring donations use the Insulin Pumpers donor page

For Challenges, use the Insulin Pumpers challenge gift page at:

OR, mail your check to:

Insulin Pumpers
4600 El Camino Real - Suite 206
Los Altos, CA 94022