[IPk] NICE appraisal

To all list members.

NICE Health Technology Appraisal

Insulin pump therapy for diabetes

Those nice people from NICE have invited INPUT to participate as a formal
consultee and to prepare a submission to inform this appraisal.

NICE are looking to gain an understanding of what its like to live with
diabetes, what its like to use the technology (pumps) and the difference the
technology makes, if any.

The following provides examples of the sorts of views and information we
would like to include in our submission:

7 Living with the condition
7 How the condition is currently managed
7 Where pumps fit into the way the condition is currently managed
7 The benefits and potential benefits of the technology
7 The disadvantages and potential disadvantages of the technology (i.e. side
effects, risks demanding treatment regimens)
7 Meaningful outcomes for patients and carers
7 The cost of the technology in relation to benefits
7 The difference the technology makes or could make to:
- Physical well being (e.g. symptoms such as pain)
- Quality of life and well being for the patient and/or carer
- Psychological health (e.g. mood or anxiety)
- Ability to work/carry out daily tasks
- Facilitating independence

We are looking for personal experiences, profiles, what it was like before
the pump and what its like now, has it made a difference to your lives. We
need to know the good, the bad and the ugly, do not pull your punches we
need to tell them how it really is. Quality of life issues will feature
strongly in our submission.

NICE requires our submission as electronic files of Microsoft Office
documents. (NICE uses Office 2000), so if possible please use this as an
email attachment for your reply. If you do not have access to this format,
please send hard copies of your profile to:

John Davis
9 Grafton Gardens
SO41 8AS.

We need as many profiles as possible so please respond. This is your chance
to make a difference.

John Davis.