Re: [IPk] Pumping Regular (my last hope) - Pros and Cons

Dear Mike
I am allergic to all Lily insulins and when I started the pump I had to use
Actrapid (regular). A year and a half later I am still using Actrapid and
can honestly say that it is fantastic. My life and control is so much better
on the pump than on injections even using regular insulin. I do not find it
a drawback and I find my life so much more flexible than when I was on
injections. I do not have hypos anymore and my control is great. In reality
I don't think it makes any difference. I even take my insulin when I see
what I am eating and if I eat more then just have a bit more insulin and
this does not seem to affect my control. My blood sugars are great overnight
and during the day and I have a very active and varied routine. So don't
give up pumping, try Actrapid or Velosulin, I think you will be pleasantly

> I have tried my heart out to make pumping work.  Somehow I think it
> may not.  My last option is to pump Regular (Velosulin) which really
> seems retrograde.  Let's have your comments please!
> Thanks
> Mike

Dr. Moira Harrison
School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences
University of Brighton
Work email: email @ redacted
Work phone: 01273-642103