[IPk] pump bumps

I've been using a Disotronic pump for 7 months, and am really pleased with
the flexibility it allows me. I don't seem to be able to achieve stable
blood sugars though- can range from LO to 18/20s. Could this be the pump
bumps I've heard about?  I've tried different infusion sets, needle lengths
and - obviously -sites, but get hard (often sore) lumps almost every time. I
change sites every 2 days now - anybody else experienced this  and  is it
normal part of pump therapy?

tia,  SallyAnne