[IPk] Bad night hypo/I'VE GOT A DATE!!!!

I both work out how much insulin I've got left, and how much food I've
got left - both are very vague 'feels like' calculations, particularly
because long-acting insulins are very variable in their action in my
body, and even Humalog is quite slow (an 8-hour out, I reckon), so if
treating a high, there may be four injections worth of left-over insulin
to play with!

The food is largely measured because I'm weighing out rice and pasta or
cous cous.  What I don't measure is the fat and protein which slow it
down.  It's a big problem (at the moment) when I eat high fat late at
night (and isn't that always the time when cheese and biscuits are at
their most appealing???)  I can either
a) have Humalog as late as possible before sleeping, and maybe it will
peak before the snack or
b) up the long-acting a little and know that I'll have to under-inject
through the following day.

But this will soon change!  I have a date!  2nd April for saline, 9th
April for the real thing.  Wow.  Just in time for the serious alcohol
trials which are Eastercon (British Science Fiction Association
conference).  What a great place to go cyborg!

Best wishes to all,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)