Re: [IPk] Bad night hypo

Ingrid -

Since starting the pump I've found my overnight BGs and their response to
insulin is much more predictable than it was when I was on injections. I'm
back to the point where if I don't get full value for my bolus insulin
overnight I know I either mismatched it, have an incorrect basal rate for
that particular night, am ill, or ate too much protein for the time of
night. Protein will still get me overnight, even if I match it properly. If
I am eating late, I reverse my usual plan and eat fast acting carb and
little or no protein. Ah, the intricate complexities of it all...

Perhaps when you start your pump this will sort itself out a bit.

>Yes, but this comes back to the timing of the meals.  For instance if I go
to bed pretty soon after dinner, it is hard sometimes to know if I am going
up or down.  For instance last night I went to bed at 6.9, presumed I was
OK, but this morning woke up sky high.

If I had known which way my bg was going, I would have known whether to
some more insulin or to eat some more.

It sure is tricky isn't it?