Re: [IPk] Bad night hypo

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, you wrote:
>Yes, but this comes back to the timing of the meals.  For instance if I go
>to bed pretty soon after dinner, it is hard sometimes to know if I am going
>up or down.  For instance last night I went to bed at 6.9, presumed I was
>OK, but this morning woke up sky high.
>If I had known which way my bg was going, I would have known whether to take
>some more insulin or to eat some more.
>It sure is tricky isn't it?

I agree absolutely. Most of my nighttime BG problems are caused by eating
late. Unfortunately I have to eat late most of the time. Add exercise into
the equation too. I leave work at around 6.30, reduce my basal to half
for the next 3 hours, go to dancing, have something like a banana, dance
till 11pm, get home at midnight and need to eat before crashing into bed.
usually my Bg is spot on throughout the evening until I get home, when it's
usually either around 4 or around 9. Better than on MDI when I was usually
at 2 or 20 after a couple of hours of dancing! if I eat salad I'm generally
OK, but I'm usually too hungry at that time.