Re: [IPk] Bad night hypo

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, you wrote:
>I only take a correction dosage of 1-2 units anyway, and my second point was
>meant to be a general non-dm thing (I don't believe in blaming EVERYTHING on

 >>  PS  I know too that my insulin doesn't work as
well at >>night.  I don't think  >this is just a dm thing either.  Quite
often >>dietitians suggest that you  >should actually have your main meal at
lunch, >>because our bodies just aren't  >as efficient at nighttime! >

Hi Ingrid
Well, once you get a pump you'll be able to take say half the correction
dose, which might solve the problem. I know that doesn't help much now

As for your second point, I thought you were suggesting that  insulin
doesn't  work as well at night in non-Dm as well as DM people - ie it's not
a DM thing. In which case I was suggesting that it might be the carb
absorption rather than the insulin effectiveness which isn't so good at
night (in  non-Dmers too) - which is why the dieticians suggest eating main
meal at lunchtime. If that's not what you meant, sorry.