Re: [IPk] dosing with nux vom

In message <email @ redacted>,
Kentish, Julette <email @ redacted> writes
>My best advice for cure, drink plenty of water (possibly sparkling with
>lemon) and Toast with honey.. Or am I missing info?
>Jules :-)

Well, 'dosing' can mean two things, in this context.

On a pump, 'insulin dosing' for a lot of alcohol should be easier.  I'm
looking forwards to the experiments!  My experience on MI suggests that
I'm going to need to cut the basal rate for the few hours while the
alcohol is suppressing bg, and then put it up as the evening's snacks
work their way through.

On the non-diabetic 'dosing' side, I find that the problems are better
prevented than cured.  The old saws about yoghourt before drinking and a
pint of water (or as much as you can) afterwards really work.  The water
one is very important if you have a cold.

Best wishes to all,

(who will be on the pump in March or April)

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)