[IPk] history of the insulin pump

We received this request from someone in the US.
If anyone has any info, please reply to Susan <email @ redacted>
as well as here. I know there are some long-time pumpers on the list who
might have some ideas.

My name is Susan, I am interested in some information about the
insulin pump used in America. My sister-in-law Toni Orner did a
national commercial in the early 80's to help promote the use of the
insulin pump during pregnancy. My sister-in-law has passed away
the diabetes but I would like to have information onthe creation of
the pump since the 80's developement to the pumps currently on
market. I would like to create a speech about the device from then
now. My email address that I would like a reply tto go to is;
email @ redacted . If anyone could give me some direction for
information I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you for your
time. Sgiers