Re: [IPk] To Test Or Not To Test?

Dear Dave,

I was sorry to hear about the deaths in your family.

On the not-eating problem: have you explored the use of cannabis-derived
drugs yet?  I _think_ they're on trial here.  The bit in cannabis which
gives you the 'munchies' (allegedly gives you the 'munchies' - I've
never tried the stuff, or any other illegal drugs myself) is a chemical
which acts on the bit of brain which knows whether or not your stomach
is full: it turns it off, so you think your stomach is empty, so you
feel hungry, and eat.  This neatly counters the problem of diabetic
gastroparesis, which has exactly the opposite effect: it sends the 'I'm
full' signal to your brain constantly.

I _think_ (again, a good search of the medical sites would reveal this)
that they've now isolated the 'munchies' bit of cannabis, so you don't
get the other (alleged) effects.

Best wishes,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)