Re: [IPk] To Test Or Not To Test?

Dear Dave,

I was sorry to hear about the deaths in your family.

On the not-eating problem: have you explored the use of cannabis-derived
drugs yet?  I _think_ they're on trial here.  The bit in cannabis which
gives you the 'munchies' (allegedly gives you the 'munchies' - I've
never tried the stuff, or any other illegal drugs myself) is a chemical
which acts on the bit of brain which knows whether or not your stomach
is full: it turns it off, so you think your stomach is empty, so you
feel hungry, and eat.  This neatly counters the problem of diabetic
gastroparesis, which has exactly the opposite effect: it sends the 'I'm
full' signal to your brain constantly.

I _think_ (again, a good search of the medical sites would reveal this)
that they've now isolated the 'munchies' bit of cannabis, so you don't
get the other (alleged) effects.

Best wishes,

Pat
--