Re: [IPk] Re: Pregnancy and the pump

Hello Bev,

Sounds as if you are having a busy time... How long have you been diabetic?

I came off insulin for 10 weeks about 6 months after I was originally
diagnosed - they called it a honeymoon period then (about 22 years ago!)
Luckily I was on a BDA holiday at the time, so there were people there to
monitor me.  It was very difficult to go back on to injections when my
pancreas gave up completely - I'd convinced myself it had all been a big

I have spoken to a couple of other women whose blood sugars fell during
pregnancy - I think that the important thing is that each of has to do what
is right for our own situation - I really hope you manage without insulin
after the baby is born - you'll have to let us know how you go on

Good Luck!