Re: [IPk] dr scarpello

>The patient phoned me back and told me that when he asked for a prescription
>for Ketostix he was told, "we don't use them and you don't need them"

Every doctor is entitled to his or her own opinion - within the broad
bounds of professional conduct.

Personally, I occasionally do a urine ketone test. I wouldn't claim it was
essential to my diabetes control, but when things are going wrong, the
extra information helps me work out what's going on with increased

How many tubs of Ketostix could you fund for the cost of one emergency DKA
hospital admission????

mailto:email @ redacted