Re: [IPk] dr scarpello

On Thu, 08 Feb 2001, you wrote:
>Foreget Dr Scarpello, he does not believe in pumps!! Or in testing for
>I'm fascinated, John. Why doesn't he believe in testing for ketones?

To be honest, I don't really believe in it either. There might be some
people for whom it's useful, but I've never found any need to test for
them. if I've been high for several hours, I KNOW I have a problem and I do
something about it. I don't need ketone strips to tell me that. If I remain
high and can't get my BGs down, I get to the doctor/hospital. What would
you do differently if you knew you had ketones?  I wouldn't do anything
different, so I don't see a need to test for them.
Someone did mention about using them to see what had happening in the
night, which I can see would be useful though.