Re: [IPk] diabetic clinic support for pump

On Wed, 07 Feb 2001, you wrote:
>My details appeared on the list a few days ago.  I just thought I'd update
>you re trying to find out if an insulin pump would help with some problems
>I've been having (many thanks to Di for the advice).  I went to clinic today
>and my consultant was very positive about the idea of the pump!  He thinks
>it could be the answer for me.  The only problem is the funding issue, but
>at least he was positive and has told me about the Government looking into
>diabetic care and, alongside that, the funding of pumps.  I've made an
>appointment for six months time and in the meantime am going to try to find
>out more information.

That's great news, as I said to you earlier. Given that other people have
been given funding in the Sheffield area, I am sure that if you hassle them
enough they will at least pay for your infusion sets.
Things are really looking up regarding funding, though i know some people
have really had to struggle to get it.