[IPk] Medics' reaction to the pump

started new job today in obstetrics and gynaecology- after 6 months in
general practice. I was wearing my pump in a prominent place. One registrar
in general medicine asked me if it was a pager. Whem I explained about a
pump he asked me about the dosage(how much does it give- one unit per
our?)  - yeah like I'd be constantly pigging out on mars bars. He then said
he thought it would only be useful for "brittle diabetics" and when I said
that it put the patient firmly in control of their condition and explained
about the necessity of monitoring bg at least 4x/ day he reacted as if this
was a really weird, unusual thing to do.
An anaesthetist asked if I was wearing a 24 hour ECG machine and when I
explained " no, 24 hour insulin" he expressed his apologies and asked if I'd
become really  unstable. I was able to answer, not since having the pump.