RE: [IPk] The time of my pump is running out!

>If the Disetronic pump last for 4 years with 2 pumps, then how long does the
>Minimed pump last and does this one shut off at a certain point ?

Hi Sara -

No, MiniMed doesn't have a time limit. Ray Morrissey, who runs MiniMed's UK
supplier AMT, has mentioned 7 years as a "typical" lifetime of a piece of
rugged electronic equipment carried at all times.

How long does a wrist watch last?

My MiniMed pump developed a minor fault at 2 and a half years. (It would
occasionally reset itself and sound an alarm) They gave me a replacement
pump, and sent the original to "Sylmar, California" (said in an American
accent ;-) and I'm still waiting for it to be returned to me.

Worth noting that that Disetronic pump no longer has this built in time
limit. You just have to send it in to be checked over every 2 years.

mailto:email @ redacted