RE: [IPk] The time of my pump is running out!

If the Disetronic pump last for 4 years with 2 pumps, then how long does the
Minimed pump last and does this one shut off at a certain point ?

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of John Neale
Sent: 07 February 2001 13:06
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] The time of my pump is running out!

>I still don't get it (sorry!).  Christian seemed to indicate that in two
>weeks his pump will just "stop".  How does this work if you are alternating
>your pumps every three months?

Probably best if Christian explains his situation himself, but my guess is
that his German clinic have unofficially given him a single pump with just
a few months time left on the clock to tie him over till the new pump (the
DTron) becomes available. ie he's not doing it by the book...

>Do the pumps record how many days' usage you have had?

I believe they do.

>Sorry, I am considering a pump, and was freaking out with the thought of
>having to pay #2500 every two years!

>From what Estelle says, it appears that is no longer the case.

John

--